Course Overview and Learning Objectives
National Symposium on Ureteroscopy and Innovations in “Dusting” Technique
Please join renowned national and international Endourology experts for the 8th Developments in Ureteroscopic Stone Treatment (DUST) Symposium including a hands-on skills course on innovations in the “Dusting” technique. Dusting utilizes next-generation holmium lasers to ablate stones into sub-millimeter fragments. The 2023 DUST Symposium will be held at The Meritage Resort and Spa in Napa, California from Thursday, August 10, 2023, to Saturday, August 12, 2023.
This comprehensive 2-day program offers a forum to share current practice standards and to incorporate new strategies in the ureteroscopic management of patients with urinary stones in a very much evolving field. Urologists will be introduced to the Dusting technique using state of the art holmium lasers, and the latest advances in digital ureteroscopy, laser fibers and ancillary devices. There will be practical demonstrations on bench models, which will allow participants to perform ureteroscopy, apply different laser lithotripsy strategies, as well as review pre-recorded O.R. cases, with tips and tricks from experienced faculty. We will also be having talks on mini-PCNL, supine PCNL, endoscopic combined intrarenal surgery and have hands-on stations on PCNL.
At the end of this symposium, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the indications and methodology of dusting technique during ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy when treating patients with kidney stone disease
- Apply the Dusting technique in their operative setting as a result of having undergone simulated exercises during the Hands-on skills activity
- Discuss the effect of different holmium laser settings on laser fiber efficacy and be able to select appropriate laser fiber sizes and settings based on different strategies for ureteroscopy in appropriate patients
- Evaluate the latest evidence surrounding use of ureteroscopy in challenging scenarios, and medical therapy related to ureteroscopy
- Be introduced to the technique of mini-PCNL, especially in its role in treating lower pole kidney stones